Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Coalescent Mobile Robotics is a up and coming start-up based in Odense. We are developing a mobile robotics application for retail. We have ambitious and exciting projects in our pipeline that will require people who are motivated and take initiative to make things happen.
*** This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible in 2021. Salary and warrants to be negotiated based on experience. ***
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in high-level decision-making on the technical details of robotics software architecture and development
- Architect, Design, and Implement our new robot’s on board software and supporting infrastructure and tools
- Build and Improve our Mapping, Localization and Path Planning systems and autonomous behaviors in the retail environment
- Integrate new hardware and sensors that do not have existing ROS2 drivers
- Coordinate software development with software team members and mechanical and electrical hardware engineers.
- Participate in code-reviews and foster a learning environment that raises the bar for the broader robotics software team
- Mentor junior team members
- 3+ Years of commercial software development experience
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- Strong understanding of core ROS2 concepts: publishers/subscribers, topics, tf, parameter server, etc.
- Strong understanding of multithreaded systems, processes, interprocess-communication and synchronization
- Strong understanding of Linux Systems
- Practical experience in building, programming and integrating software/hardware for robotics systems — ideally autonomous mobile ground robots
- Ability to prioritize with technical expertise and manage time effectively in a constantly changing dynamic environment
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or Robotics
- Experience with navigation sensors: Lidar, 3D Cameras, IMUs, etc.
- Experience deploying and debugging code on remote systems
- Experience debugging low level software and hardware problems
- Working understanding of basic electronics
Take your career to the next level – apply today!